Welcome to CEAH - A Letter from Matthew Sivils, Director
I’m excited to serve as the new director of the Center for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities, and to continue the center’s mission to provide support and programs that strengthen the productivity, impact, and visibility of faculty research.
In addition to bolstering the support and programming for which the CEAH is already known, we will also pursue new initiatives to cement our role as ISU’s front door for faculty research in the arts, design, and humanities.
New developments include
- The creation of a new Digital Scholarship Research Grant
- Collaborations with the Parks Library, especially with the Department of Digital Scholarship and Initiatives and the Department of Special Collections
- Refreshing the center’s website and helping to promote the work of our faculty to new audiences
- Establishing a physical CEAH office
- A fall celebration showcasing faculty scholarship supported by CEAH grants
As always, the center will continue to offer support that fuels distinctive interdisciplinary scholarship while also cultivating relationships between faculty, campus stakeholders, and communities both in Iowa and beyond.
Director, Center for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities
What We Do
The Center for Excellence in the Arts and Humanities (CEAH) supports Iowa State faculty research and activities in the arts and humanities. We provide funding for symposium grants to support the creation of artistic and scholarly conferences, symposia, or seminars on ISU’s campus that will attract significant national attention and bring recognition to the scholarly work being done by ISU’s arts and humanities faculty. We also provide grants for research and creative activity that makes a significant contribution to the scholarly development and academic career progression of faculty in the arts, design and humanities.